This workshop will cover a wide range of topics related to robots in space, focusing on satellites and spacecraft. The first set will provide an introduction to spacecraft, including their design, operation, and mission goals. The second set will delve deeper into the specifics of space robotics, including the various types of robots used in space, their capabilities, and their limitations. Finally, the third set will focus on sensors, exploring the types of sensors used on spacecraft and how they are used to gather and transmit data. Overall, this workshop will be an informative and engaging look at the exciting world of robots in space.
Learning Outcomes/Valuable Takeaways
- Understand the basics of spacecraft design and operation.
- Gain knowledge of the different types of robots used in space, their capabilities and limitations.
- Learn about the importance of sensors in spacecraft and how they are used to gather and transmit data.
- Develop an appreciation for the challenges associated with robotics in space, including environmental and technical limitations.
- Acquire a deeper understanding of the current and future trends in space robotics, including exploration and colonization.
- Learn about the interdisciplinary nature of space robotics, including engineering, physics, and computer science.
- Develop critical thinking skills through problem-solving exercises related to space robotics.